Saturday, June 5, 2010

Review #1

Since this blog is about my journey as an artist--and I'm already 20+ years into that journey--I better give a short background.

I began as most artists do: drawing incessantly. By the time I was 11, I was selling portraits of dogs at AKC shows to kind people who had pity on my makeshift "lemonade stand" way of selling things. Here I am then:



I was turning out pictures like this after I ventured into color (in this case, Prisma colored pencils):



And by high school, I decided to try my hand at painting. This is one of my first acrylic paintings--an assignment to put together a still life:



I loved to draw and grew up with an image of myself as a stay-at-home mom, running an art business from home in my spare time. Though the details are still being worked out, the only thing about that image that has changed is the realization that there is no such thing as "spare time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment